View Single Post
Old Dec 30th, 2021, 10:09   #60
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
Go on to cars and classics. Volvo 960s in presentable condition are £8,000 to £11,000. Then people with a 240 or 740 that’s not had a test for 8 years suddenly go on at 10k 🤪.

It must be so hard to look at the thing in your garden, tell the wife it’s now worth £10k and then accept that you will struggle to get more than £1,500.

When I see the distorted market place I feel sorry for the sellers who spend money on adverts etc with no realistic prospect of ever selling.

Also those beautiful 960s with 90k on the clock and 5 owners have all been on since March 20.
Here in the 200 section we quite often discuss prices and what the market is doing. The conclusion we return to frequently is that many sellers think their motor cars are worth much more than they really are, and consequently many either keep reducing their asking prices or their motor cars remain on the market for years (literally, years).

I'm not sure the market is particularly distorted - it is what it is. Us old codgers in the 200 section quite enjoy observing what is going on - and sometimes even dabble in a little schadenfreude (as in 'we told you so').

:-)