Thread: Is this a scam?
View Single Post
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 18:29   #17
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
From my database
GHU28B 12/11/1964 01/02/2017 03/01/2017 T Grey-blue Ross in Edenbridge Andy "Speedsnake74" 17/1/12 eBay sold £300. No engine/gb 07976041444 Nick Pye. KG Nugent

Sounds about right. That website doesn't allow many pictures but I have seen ads with about 5. Message them for the 40. Makes sense, especially if they show the areas at the rear that need repair.

EDIT: I have 24 various pics of this from the original eBay ad onwards. Here's one of the rear.
Wow, that is so cool, what a fantastic DB. Thank you so much. It does indeed look like GHU28B has been around as a project car for a very long time indeed.

The question was about the veracity of the ad. There are a lot of things that don't ring true to me: the seller says the car was MoT tested and he drove it on the highway - but it doesn't look (to me) like the rust has been dealt with sufficiently to pass the MoT test. The V5 piece seems unlikely to me... I could be very wrong, but I'm smelling a rat.

I'm also slightly surprised that if it had been a genuine long term project that it would not have been better known to this forum.

Something about this one is screaming 'steer away!'.

:-)

Alan