View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 13:58   #3
Dylan144GT

Hopefully, our proposal hasn't offended anyone. Sorry if it did. It didn't cross my mind actually. OOPS! The last thing I'd want is to be ousted by fellow 140-ista! I love these cars and what they are. I cringe when I see these guys that have hacked half the fire wall away to put in an American V8 with an auto transmission! I read so much about how these extraordinary cars with their pushrod motors used to reach 8000 rpm and how they could sit there all day! These engines are so torquey too, love driving them!

The idea is to be original but to just strip it out, ie. no body mods like fibre glass spoilers and the rest of it. I wouldn't fuel inject it with a super charger coupled to a turbo. Just some suspension work, some light engine work. I have a set of the rare GT wheels to go on it with the instrument cluster. So its all original and if not very close to and period. Alot of guys put the Weber sidies on but I would like to experiment with the SU's and see how much I can get out of them! Maybe a D cam. 4-2-1 exhaust. I really don't think any of this is to be scorned at. Ultimately to use the FIA historic racing regulations as a guide.

Speaking of rallying the car. I am actually really keen on this. They were rally cars and I think it'd be awesome. It might just be that we go this route!

It is a little pricey to put these cars together but considering I bought this car for the equivilent of about £50... no not £500... I think its worth it! I can't imagine racing around a lifeless Corolla. Classics are my passion and I think there is no better way to hail them than reviving them to motorsport. They just beg to be plucked and driven, so why not!?

Dylan
Dylan144GT is offline   Reply With Quote