View Single Post
Old Apr 14th, 2016, 19:35   #35
Thrustyjust

Well, its taken this long to get a windscreen from a company beginning with a V . The glass guy rejected one, as the quality and optics he said were poor. Something he has learnt that certain companies quality control is lacking. The reason I needed a new screen anyway was a pothole jolted and caused the screen to crack in the area that was unsupported.

The screen shows absolutely no adhesive bond onto the windscreen at all. The adhesive was all attached to the car , but due to poor prep ( his words) the windscreen was completely free from the car. A disaster waiting to happen should the air bags go off in an accident. Volvo ' safe cars ' I don't think so !

This is a close up of the passenger side and the visual of his cheese wire on the left to remove the screen , but the diagonal has nothing there.

Volvo have everything to answer with this shocking quality and safety issue and yet they don't want to know. I actually sold one of my cars last week and we do like the look of the V40. No chance !! My money went somewhere else. Don't like to think of any other issues and customer services showing no interest in helping a genuine customer. Strangely from another google and Honest John seems to show people with the same issues with screens and customer services. Sadly Volvo fall well short on trying to sell prestige vehicles , mainly from their lack of support.
Thrustyjust is offline   Reply With Quote