View Single Post
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 11:57   #1
222s
Amazoniste

Default Volvo Amazon Model Kit!

Made by Air Trax in Finland. 1:25 scale, made of resin, with a sheet of photo-etch parts. Body is moulded as a 2 door, but includes separate side window frames (so easy to convert to four door), photo-etched front & rear quarterlight frames for both 2 & 4 door, & additional doorhandles for conversion to four door (2 door panel lines would need to be filled and the 4 door ones scribed) and includes badging & grilles for early or late versions. Suspension, tyres, engine ancillaries and glass not included in the kit, so the builder will need to make the screens from acetate or similar.

Please note that this kit is intended for an experienced modeller, not for a beginner, as it will require some parts to be scratchbuilt. As a low volume resin kit, the parts will need cleaning up, flash trimming off etc prior to assembly.

A complete 1:24 MGB kit as a donor for suspension & wheel / tyres can be included if required - that would provide complete front suspension, rear axle, brakes, hubs, tyres etc (& wire wheels, although the kit does include the steel wheel fronts & hubcaps) as well as various other small parts such as rear view mirror, alternative set of headlights etc. Other kits may also be good sources for donor parts, however I've found that the MGB one is highly suitable for the P1800 that I'm building at the moment.

Originally cost me about £80 plus the p&p from Finland. For sale only as I have since bought the estate version of the kit (which wasn't released until quite a while after I bought the saloon one), so unlikely to get around to also building the saloon now.

£65 for just the Volvo kit, or £75 with an MGB donor kit included, plus p&p. Hoping to be at the National BKV (but not 100% certain yet), so could also bring it along for collection then.

Pics below, and also this is what a completed Amazon kit looks like, and also some pics of a built Airtrax P1800 here & here to show what a skilled modeller can achieve (these completed models are not mine).

If you have any questions, please ask
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Air Trax Amazon 1.JPG (85.6 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg Air Trax Amazon 2.JPG (84.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Air Trax Amazon 3.JPG (81.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Air Trax Amazon 4.JPG (168.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Air Trax Amazon 5.JPG (86.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg Air Trax Amazon 6.JPG (62.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Air Trax Amazon 7.JPG (70.2 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Air Trax Amazon 8.JPG (68.2 KB, 48 views)

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.

Last edited by 222s; Jun 7th, 2013 at 12:01.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote