View Single Post
Old Sep 18th, 2021, 11:37   #23
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvulus View Post
Wow! thanks Dave, you don't arf know a lot of stuff!

I checked the reg doc v5c ...18th sept '92 registered.

I saw that 600ml re-tension advice in a tutorial I found. Made me wonder if it had been done, or is ever done unless a vehicle is serviced at a Volvo agent.

I've had to buy my parts from eBay, my usual suppliers said they couldn't get them or, they couldn't get them for days.

My nearest Volvo dealership had nobody working on Friday in "parts".

I've still got to wait for parts till next week but a lot less money than my usual suppliers. At least it gives my poor old body a chance to recover a bit.

Kind regards Ken.
You're welcome Ken, i think by the early 90s when your car was first registered, things were speeding up with the DVLA and instead of having to send someone from the dealership to the nearest VRO (Vehicle Registration Office which could be a major Post Office at the time as well) to register a batch of vehicles with the DVLA, many dealers were able to do it by phone or had pre-assigned numbers which they matched to VIN numbers and the registration dates, later they were able to do it on t'internet bypassing the Post Office/VRO completely.

Something that should have been asked before, does your cam pulley have square or round teeth? Have you ordered the correct belt for the type of teeth? I believe it was around 1992 they changed so well worth checking!

I know the feeling about letting your body recover, i suspect i'm a bit younger than you but thanks to life taking a heavy toll struggle to do in one day what i could easily have done in an hour a few years back.

Use the time to rest and gather your thoughts and tools to do the job. A little tip to remove the crank pulley bolt if you can't use the methods already suggested is put the correct sized socket on a 2' breaker bar and fit it on the crank pulley with the bar pointing towards the left hand side of the car with the end close to the ground. "Flick" the starter on the key, in other words turn briefly to position 3/start and release as soon as the engine starts to move. That is usually enough to shock the pulley bolt free as the breaker bar hits the deck.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: