View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2021, 15:00   #4
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferg55 View Post
I think Hindol was saying he is disappointed that it isn't specified as part of a Volvo schedule service, rather than expecting someone to do it anyway. I agree with him, it should be part of the service, especially as the bonnet latches are a known weak point. Its an example of dealership servicing being little more than an oil and filter change and some visual checks which mostly get performed at an MOT anyway.
Hence why I don't go near dealerships.

Lots of things should be part of the service schedule, but aren't... Transmission fluid changes are a perfect example of this. Volvo specify that the transmission is "sealed for life" & the fluid only needs to be changed if the vehicle is used for towing or as a taxi. That doesn't mean you don't change the fluid though if you don't use the car for towing or as a taxi!

So yes, lubricating locks/hinges should be part of the service schedule, but it isn't for whatever reason. I do it myself, as I know a dealership wouldn't bother. There's lots of things they don't bother doing to be honest... the only thing they do remember to do is overcharge for a basic service.

Last edited by Kev0607; Apr 25th, 2021 at 15:27.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote