View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 16:49   #61
tony209
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASt85 View Post
Thanks for the info - I can't comment re the original rear ride height of my Cabrio as the rear springs were broken when I bought it....hmmm I thought it had been lowered at the rear!

The LESJÖFORS are the OEM spec and really have the car driving/handling well; the rear is significantly lifted from when I bought it, there's no steering indecisive wandering or tramlining - but then it has still only got 41K miles on it from new!
I think a lot of companies are peddling coupe sized springs as suitable for the cabriolet but they're not. Reise mentioning the size of his factory coupe springs solved the mystery behind the KYB springs. The only correct sized springs I've found so far for the cabriolet are Suplex rear springs at 430mm. I'll give LESJÖFORS a ring and see if they can tell me the sizes of their springs - seeing as they are recommended for both models, I won't be surprised if they are coupe spec. The only other option for cab front springs is Volvo @ £106 +VAT each.

Edit: Just spoke to LESJÖFORS uk, their springs are catalogued as the same code for the coupe and cabriolet-

4095832 front 442mm
4295847 rear 432mm

That front spring size is the coupe spec, the rear is correct for the cab but not the coupe.

Last edited by tony209; Jun 17th, 2021 at 17:23.
tony209 is offline   Reply With Quote