Thread: S40: - Error 019 - Loss Of Power
View Single Post
Old Aug 26th, 2022, 12:13   #1
Jthomson93

Post Error 019 - Loss Of Power

Hello, good people of the Volvo Forums.

I found myself on this site quite a lot recently and figured that I should probably post as I can't find anything in my specific case. I've done the research but I feel that there's a good community here and someone may be able to push me in the right direction.

Basically, two weeks ago I picked up a 2010 S40 R-Design (2L diesel) - Automatic. It has full service history and has under 130k miles. I picked it up for £2500.

Everything was fine driving it home for 200 miles then "Engine System Service Required" showed up. I booked it into a garage anyway for a full service. I had it a few days before putting it in for its service and I was able to replicate the fault.

The fault seems to happen on the dual carriage way or at high speed and this time when I held the button (as suggested here) , I received the fault code... "019".

I told the garage about this and its still there. They told me "you should monitor it". After the service I now experience RPM fluctuating while driving and as such, I have presumed this to be a DPF issue, its in for cleaning today (in another garage) .

Sometimes when this happens there is a complete loss of power and then it just comes back?. There also seems to be a static-like noise also when the transmission is changing gear sometimes. Usually made worse or more noticabile on hills. It happens for a second or so. Noticed at 60mph - 6th @ 3k RPM and 30mph - 4th @ 2k RPM

Thanks.

Also, its my first post so be gentle. 😂👍

Edited for spelling

Last edited by Jthomson93; Aug 26th, 2022 at 12:25.
Jthomson93 is offline   Reply With Quote