View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 16:02   #6
savanaman

Default I agree but look at the facts already

This has already been raised on watchdog some time ago.

Outcome... Volvo might give you a good will gesture payment... nothing more!

Trading standards wont take it any further becuase it is not a safety issue (as far as they are concerned).

There has been no recall again due not being a safety related matter. Now you can argue as to whether you thnk it is a safety matter but it's all academic since they have already decided its not.

So would Volvo be fincially hit by an large add in the paper that their has been a fualt with older models?

No because they make their money on newre models which don't have the problem anymore.

Writng to the "Boss" of Volvo is a waste of time because, they dont read the mail anyway and the Customer services team are fully briefed and read from a script regarding the issue.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see them fix this but there is no reward for them to do so.... do you know anyone who says " I'm not going to buy a new volvo because of this old problem"? Any companys saying that?

Also a class action won't work as it did in the States becuse the consumer laws are srtonger over there and also becuse they sell a alot more Volvos there than they do in the UK.

You would have to prove that this fault is likely to cause a failure so severe that complete loss of control is likley.

The other argument that the module is "not fit for use" sounds a good one too me but Trading Standards did not agree. Give them a call they have investigated this previousley.

I am hoping someone will have another idea but it would have to pretty big as getting the story on watchdog didn't do anything.
savanaman is offline   Reply With Quote