View Single Post
Old Jul 5th, 2022, 11:11   #9
uknowiama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
Beam blockers/benders for the lights. The alcohol testers thing is now gone thankfully.

High-vis jackets you can reach without getting out of the car.

Do take your insurance cert for the car - very handy if you get stopped.

Had a Satnav too instead of using data on a mobile for routes and planning. Obvs one that covers Europe and updated as new as it can be (or use a mobile which is clearly easier but MAY cost)

If you DO use a mobile/satnav the French are VERY funny about displaying speed cameras. Systems are NOT allowed to display this detail so worth disabling it if you can and then sticking to indicated limits.

Breakdown cover!! I've just come back from France in my V70 - Well I wasn't IN the V70 and it was on the back of a recovery truck....

I used CBC (a broker) and it was about 80£ for an annual policy including European cover. Worth every penny in the end. Broke down once in France and recovered back and then again in the UK. Car HAD been very reliable and had never broken down/not started before. It's still not fixed and remains on the drive

https://www.comparebreakdowncover.co.uk/
Lights - Have ABL - there is a switch on the back of projector to switch over RHD to LHD.

Hi vis jackets - I had - stuffed in front seat squab pockets so easy to get to if break down.

Checked docs req - V5, insurance docs, emissions sticker order - might need in Marseille.

SatNav - I have unlimited data - and can roam in EU / France for free - on this contract - for now - thinking using Phone / iPad that sits on dash mount. Using Waze so disbaling Speed Camera info. Might still buy a Michelin Map..

Breakdown Cover - RAC cover is up in Aug 12th, not going away until 29th or so. So will look to add EU cover to next year. Whether stay with RAC or use someone else. Can't get renewal from RAC yet.

Dunno much about, so going to have a mooch around.
uknowiama is offline   Reply With Quote