View Single Post
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 23:48   #8
Laney760
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Milnes View Post
First find yourself a handy Bosch fuel pump man who can tune the pump (its in the smoke limiter section of the pump). There are three thicknesses of gasket for your car but beware as they were replaced for the 940 series with a metal gasket which does not need retightening 1,000 miles after head work. Mechanical lift pump is part of the Bosch Fuel Pump. Mine is up to 185bhp with electric fan, stainless steel two-box exhaust, and removal of EGR. A lot of guys stateside have cleaned up the porting, polished and gasflowed the head to great effect. Mine started out at 122bhp which is standard for TIC version, although when fitted in 780 (Italian market only) it produces 127bhp! I have been looking for a 780 diesel turbo intercooler for some years now and not found one yet. My pump was reset by a turbodiesel tuning expert about 60 miles from me. I get a bit more performance when I use B100 fuel.

All the best, Peter.
Hi Peter

Gosh, you know a lot about cars!! I need to pick your brains about something you've posted on here. My D24TIC runs out of diesel showing a half tank still on the guage. She uses exactly 13 galls before she runs out. I still havent phoned Volvo to determine whether she has a 13 or 20 gallon tank, if it's the 20 it means my lift pump has gone. When the RAC attended a break down due to this when I first got my 940 and thought I had fuel supply problems, they told me that my lift pump was in my petrol tank but on here you say it is in the Bosch fuel pump?? Are the RAC wrong (they frequently are) or are there two different lift pumps? Thanks Peter

Ps - Oh and do you mean a 760 diesel turbo intercooler, not a 780? There was a 760 diesel turbo intercooler on Ebay fairly recently up in Scotland, she fetched a fair price

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote