View Single Post
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 20:22   #1
Kornish72

Default C70 Shutdown while driving!

Hi all, 3 months ago I was driving my C70 on the motorway, Brake Failure light came on, seconds later car cut out & all fault lights came on. Luckily the brakes still worked & I was able to coast to a Parking bay on M1.

I had to wait 2-3mins before the key would allow me to retrieve it. I waited another 2-3mins put key in & it has worked fine until today, same brake fault light came on in Kingston today & although the engine did not cut out throttle was unresponsive. Then all fault lights on again. Again aI was able to coast to the kerbside luckily. This time I couldn't get key out, radio worked, windows would open the small part when door opened & wipers continued to run for about a minute even though off position was selected. The trip meter showed...... but the odometer still showed the full mileage. I could not retrieve key from ignition. Luckily I was 1min walk from Wilko, so went in & bought a spanner. I disconnected battery, waited. got in car, Faults still there along with immobiliser fault. I took key out waited 5mins, put key in & everything cleared. Then the car started & we drove home without any further issues.

Any advice please?
Kornish72 is offline   Reply With Quote