View Single Post
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 14:37   #23
Pupbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu B View Post
Interesting thread. I have an old 1989 BMW E30 325i sport model which is essentially a garage ornament and though well maintained by me, is never used. Every year I check the current values, reassure myself I can increase the agreed value more than the insurance premium and maintenance costs annually (so it’s appreciated a bit), tinker with it and lock it back in the garage. I’ve owned it since 2007.

This year I changed the timing belt despite it only having done a few hundred miles in the life of the last belt, changed the oil, coolant, radiator, ran it up and down the driveway a bit…

Every Volvo I’ve owned has seen far more action, been used daily and been much more practical so done thousands of miles whilst the BMW sat in the garage.

I think a classic, usable, high performance 850 would be a great all rounder (I used to have an 850 T5 which was) so is worth whatever someone wants to pay for it!

Best of luck - keep us posted!

Few pics of old BMW on my thread here if anyone is interested in old German cars by the way!

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=302878&page=3
Lovely looking Beemer - a proper BMW! Whilst it will make the hairs on your neck stand on end I would rather drive that every day than have it as an ornament, but then I can understand why you keep it wrapped up. I've been using my 2003 Impreza Wagon as a daily driver for 7 years now and whilst its not everyones choice of car but its a fantastic journey every time I get in and turn the key. I keep it in mechanically near perfect condition, and bodily it is near perfect too but I have to accept that some clown will open their door onto it and it will get stone chips. It is worth more now than I paid for it, but then if I tot up the bills and upgrades my man maths could be thwarted!

When / if a decent T5-R comes along the Impreza may get garaged and light fettling will begin.
Pupbelly is offline   Reply With Quote