Thread: Amazon: - Undersealing an amazon!
View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2021, 11:46   #11
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123GT-AMAZON View Post
I would strip all Underseal off the underneath of the car , then address all areas so solid once that’s carried out you have a few options but I would favour three coats of satin black hamerite then a nice coat of waxoil in all nooks and crannies to then …
apply a heavy coat underneath everywhere 😎👍

Bang for buck easy maintenance then it’s got to get by waxoil , then 1 , 2 and then it’s third coat of hammerite good luck moisture safe for 5-10 years for sure and I have tested this also have customers in seaside areas also in Scotland .

Now the thing to watch is over winter salted roads the only help you can do is keep washed even when using in winter times each week wash and clean your car on Sunday for maximum results one customer I have lives down road from a main salt store in Scotland and that’s what he’s had todo 6.5 years later still good so keep it simple and maintain it Is my best advice 😎👍

Don’t listen to companies claiming a Miracle product like rust busters a great example that all it is = epoxy primer in a tin two part yeah righty o rust busters anyone in the trade all they have todo is read ingredients will know straight away Pfttt but on the flip side it’s not badly priced if your looking for epoxy primer pre respray 👌😎👍

All the best

Kind regards
Robert.w
Rust buster sell rebadged Jotun epoxies. I use Jotun Jotamastic 80; sprays nice, very surface tolerant, will go over old paint, can be top coated with anything and is excellent corrosion resistant. Bang for your buck for a quality coating. Can be used under the car or on the A surfaces before topcoat. Other folk use Jotamastic 87 but I find it doesn’t spray as well, good if applying by brush or roller. Buy it from SML paints online, excellent service.