View Single Post
Old Jun 6th, 2021, 10:28   #26
ltec

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60D5-185 View Post
I'm not wishing to get into an argument with anyone , I just thought I would add my two penneth for what it's worth.

Since 2010 I.ve had 3 volvos and the current one is an XC90.

I have a good relationship with my local Volvo dealer parts department and have always been given a healthy discount.

Volvo brake parts are excellent quality and whilst some aftermarket brands such as Brembo and Mintex may be perfectly acceptable, the simple fact of the matter is that Volvo pads in particular can be bought for roughly the same cost as these pattern parts. On that basis why not stick with genuine?
Another area is the rear parking brake shoes where Volvo shoes have the flat section across the top which most aftermarket ones do not and that aids the efficiency . They can be bought cheaply so why not?

Batteries are another area where my main dealer is often able to provide one at the same price as other suppliers and have the added advantage of being on your doorstep if the battery fails.

I am not for one second suggesting that quality aftermarket parts are a bad move just simply that genuine Volvo is often available at competitive prices.

My wife runs a little Toyota Yaris that is used for round the doors shopping trips. That will have aftermarket brake parts etc supplied by ECP and they will be adequate.

Lastly, I have never once found the service brakes on any of my Volvos, including the XC90 as wanting or lacking in performance or feel.
Thank you for your help.
I will try and get genuine were their prices are close.
For now ill just make sure everything is working as should and replace with genuine to see if it helps when they are done.
As I'm used to lighter high performance cars I'm maybe expecting to much from them

Last edited by ltec; Jun 6th, 2021 at 10:30.
ltec is offline   Reply With Quote