View Single Post
Old Jun 6th, 2021, 10:10   #25
ltec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
The joke for me is you rock up on here, which unlike some other similar forums is well run and generally very well mannered and has contributing members trying to help other owners get the best out of their cars. Some members are very experienced engineers, there are also several dealer mechanics some with 40+ years experience - you cannot get experience like that anywhere else and I am not talking about any specific member or myself - there’s lots on every section. Anyway you ask what is quite a common question and then say the advice given is a joke... presumably because you don’t like it or it wasn’t the simple answer you were hoping for?

I come back to at 2.25 tons the XC90 is hard on front brakes. Unusually Volvo make their own disc and the pads are made for the under contract to their spec and hence you cannot buy them any other way other than from Volvo. The motor trade is littered with cheap poor quality pattern parts at the moment and a lot of the pattern brake parts for Volvo’s whilst will work to a point - do not match Volvo’s own. Some are better than others and I think people who fit ATE and Pagid have had good results but for the best performance and life - you will only get that from genuine Volvo. No other brand of pads are the same as Volvo just as Tesco’s ketchup isn’t the same as Heinz.... and never will be.

I’m assuming you don’t want to buy 3 sets of different manufacturer parts and spend a whole weekend swapping them over to see which work well, you just want it sorting with them minimum effort and you want good brake feel, right?
You are telling lies, I did not say the advice given was a joke. I said its a joke that the xc90 brakes are so poor a design that they can't work properly on other decent non genuine parts that all other manufacturers work 100 percent on.

I didn't rock on anywhere. I found everyone's posts helpful and well mannered apart from yours. And not everyone's post agrees with your opinion.
Cheeky comments on drinking tesco value wine out of champagne glasses was the first insulting comment.
You were implying that I was fur coat and no knickers.
You twist everything around to justify volvos poor brakes. Like you cannot say anything bad about a volvo.coz it dents your ego.
You justify this by saying anyone who doesn't buy genuine parts hasn't a clue about volvo and is treating the poor volvo badly. Buying a premium car and using crap parts, tesco value wine, tesco ketchup etc.
I dont have a lot of experience in volvo but I do have a lot of experience in other manufacturers.
Just because I'm on a volvo forum doesn't mean I can't say a volvo has bad brakes.
I have added adjusters to s60 brakes etc to try and get acceptable brake, this is poor design and the only brakes I've ever worked at that had not got an adjuster for the shoes apart from tata. But the difference is volvo is supposed to be a premium car.
What your post should of said was that in your opinion xc90 brakes are not the best design and dont work to well on non genuine parts, however the genuine brakes seem to help.
Not that non genuine parts are crap and anyone who fit them are making a hash of a premium car.
You are right that I will not be fitting 3 sets of different pads.
When I service my brakes and leave them in good working order if they still are not as good as I'm used to on other cars I will leave them till they are done.
I feel I will not find anything wrong as they were not long done hence why I asked are they poor brakes due to size of car and design etc because then their is no point trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist..
ltec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ltec For This Useful Post: