View Single Post
Old Jan 19th, 2022, 10:55   #7
AlcockM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohnut View Post
So I’m getting a somewhat confusing message from my dealer.

Car was ordered 30.10.21 and is due for delivery early May. Was recently told all “current orders will have Sensus” but also “they are starting to implement the Google software into models from the next model year so you’ll get it on your XC90.”

Dealer has confirmed my car will be MY22 and maybe it’s just be a typo but has anyone with a MY22 XC90 on order had confirmation one way or the other?

I had assumed MY22 = Sensus and MY23 = Google.
I am in the exact same position as you (I have seen your original order post as well) I ordered a R Design Pro B5 Diesel Savile Grey(I do love diesel power!) with Lounge Pack, Climate Pack, B&W and Full Charcoal Nappa Leather (again blonde is nice but just not practical for me!) and swapped the HUD for the Heated Windscreen. I added a 100,000 mile warranty and 5 year 90K service pack, plus ticked all the insurance paint protection etc. I do about 35k a year so wanted a few years of piece of mind to start with and I intend to run it past 200k. Its the first car I have ever bough new after years of company cars (mainly Mondeo's! - my current 17 plate has 165K on it)

Like you I ordered it the last Friday in October and then started to panic when the model was dropped on the 1st Nov...just as you had confirmation of order so all good! I think we will have the last few R Design Pro Diesels to roll out the factory!

Then I see the model line up changed to Core, Plus and Ultimate with very little options to select. I am assuming the Dark Theme Ultimate looks like an R Design now and the Bright Theme Ultimate looks like an Inscription now.

I have to be honest I think I prefer the old Sensus so kind of hoping it comes with that, although the Google will get more updates and features as time goes on with over the air updates making it more configurable and different design features to the dashboard display (well that's what I would do if I was a Volvo designer anyway!)

Good luck with your order and keep us posted on any updates on here as will I. I am already looking forward to May!
AlcockM is offline   Reply With Quote