View Single Post
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 12:42   #8
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12 View Post

Currently I am with Hagerty for the 745 and Churchill via Go Compare for the V70. Yes, I know I am past my sell by date but the two fully comp. with specified mileage, max no claims, and lowest standard excesses, etc, came in at £520 for the year.

Bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
Hi Bob, may be a silly question, but was that each or for both, don't know your sell by date, but I'm now 75 and think that has a lot to do with the increase they have now quoted me.
Without giving Bobs age away (mainly because i don't know it exactly) you're both in the same group David, i've highlighted the bit in Bobs post about it being for both cars.
What won't be helping your premium is the area you live in, most insurers rate the general area in and around Manchester fairly high, likewise for London and other big cities.

I know when i moved from just outside the M25 to a rural Cambridgeshire location i suddenly had a cheque back from my insurers. The premium down there had been ~£400 for the year, i was paying monthly and about halfway through the year.
If memory serves the cheque was for about £140 so worth having as well - when i queried the reason for it, it was all down to postcodes and crime rates, it had dropped very significantly because i'd moved away from a high-crime area.

That might be the be-all-and-end-all of why your premium is higher than many others. I know on another forum i'm on, people who live in Manchester are paying about twice what others are paying in more rural areas.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: