View Single Post
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 10:43   #30
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-V70 D5 2003 View Post
OK finally need to take the plunge on the dreaded plug. As fiddling with it, and changing the pedal, once again it lasted a couple of months but that said a couple of months is only maybe 4to6 drives out and about. General engine service required started up again, then anti-skid service kicked in and that proved terminal on one u-turn until ignition off and on again. The steering wheel turn thing also kicked in again which was one of the first issues I had but we disconnected it a couple of years back. Seems jiggling steering column adjustment woke it up again and it wouldnt start the until thing was removed and given a good kicking. Can steering lock be bypassed?

OK back to pedal plug please.

1: Do the pedal wires just pull out of plug and are pushed back in?
2: What is the exact procedure advised to actually get at the plug let alone change wires?
3: You mention elsewhere "I usually run a new white wire between the throttle pedal terminal Pin 2 and and Pin 31 of Green connector G under the CEM on the left side as it goes up behind the dash and could be trapped up there somewhere" Do you mean change the pins in each plug too, so in effect a fly lead?

The old gals gotta go now its jsut too little used and too much of a PITA.
Many thanks.
1 you need a pin to press back the tag to allow it to pull out , you will see a slot on the shell housing . see the new repair terminal
2 take the throttle pedal off , 3 nuts ...

3 yes a new white wire with the volvo repair termnal wire soldered on at each end .