View Single Post
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 07:18   #26
Pete-V70 D5 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
every dealer will have done these over the last 14 years, the plastic shell is called a "Housing" and you want the 6 terminal repair wires which fit it.

HOUSING 8690598
TERMINAL REPAIR 30765498 X 6

I usually run a new white wire between the throttle pedal terminal Pin 2 and and Pin 31 of Green connector G under the CEM on the left side as it goes up behind the dash and could be trapped up there somewhere ..

software won't have any effect of a fundamental main control of the car ..
Thanks for that. I see you have been a busy boy elsewhere on the subject over the years so its much appreciated.

Is this the right part no HOUSING 8690598? I cant find it anywhere but a US volvo site, so at least i can see exactly what the part looks like.
https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/p...6/8690598.html

You mentioned elsewhere about some special tools for the pins. Lots of rubbish about so do you have any that are good in practice?

I wonder if it might just be better to bypass the plug completely and make your own and extend the darn wires so you can at least work on the thing as its only 6wires. What exactly was the known issue beyond the female plugs going loose? And was there really no way of tightening them up a little with a fine probe push against the edges or suchlike, or even a thin coating of solder on the male pins?

My son was a Ford service guy and said around the time of my car 2010 onwards they were always having software issues and constantly having to update them. He reckons it was one of the main sources of angst in the cars.

Just realised I will need to get another pedal anyway because the wd40 buggered up the plastic shaft on the pedal so its very sticky now. Not terminal but a real PITA knowing its there especially in stop/start traffic. Cheers

Last edited by Pete-V70 D5 2003; Jun 14th, 2021 at 07:20.
Pete-V70 D5 2003 is offline   Reply With Quote