View Single Post
Old Apr 12th, 2023, 11:22   #154
jerry1

I just bought a 04 xc70 with a Panasonic stereo in it, but the old radio was not deleted before removal, on code readings, codes come up 1a57, 1a59 signal missing, as unit not found,
Volvo said they cannot update software as it will not be able to find the unit, and they cannot delete old radio as it is not there
they said it might cause software update to fail and cause all sorts of problems
they did say another radio of similar year may work to enable deletion of radio, then updates can be performed for other things
i needed a new steering angle sensor, they did say it would need a software update to fit this but were not prepared to do update with radio missing as it was not deleted first,
i initially bought a new aftermarket SAS but you get only the front of it, It did not work, bought up SRS warning, so i took it out and got a second hand original SAS on ebay for £30, this was a complete unit front and back, same part number and it did not need a software update, it worked fine, and calibration was spot on too
So it is important to delete old radio if removing it for a different type of unit like a Panasonic so it dont interfere with future software updates, you may not need to delete if using a similar Volvo radio
jerry1 is offline   Reply With Quote