View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2021, 14:04   #14
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exasperant View Post
Haven't checked the small pipe as yet - Currently shopping for a PCV O ring as there wasn't one when I took it off, and I'm not convinced that's quite right..

I never got the fuel sender out fully, but it definitely went back in the same way it came out. Trouble is the car is so new to me there's been very little running to be able to pinpoint any problems starting after I'd done x or y.

Did the sensor test thing along with fault code reading last night, and the switch on the throttle body passed. However, I am wondering if it might be a bit sticky, which might perhaps explain the intermittent nature of this issue?

ABS light is staying on engine running or not. It also dims three or so times, accompanied by three clicks from the area of the ABS pump (these things are too big, I can't turn the key with my ear where I need it!).

There's definitely something amiss with either spark, fuel, air, or all three - I've read the CPS can start to fail, so next test drive I'll be trying to keep a closer eye on the rev counter. And I think the idle valve is coming off for a gum check and clean, once I've recovered from yanking the PCV.

Aside from "Why the £$&*% did I buy this stupid thing", it's quite frustrating as the engine otherwise runs fine.
Volvo should be able to supply the O ring for the oil separator. Did you check the flame trap as well?

Lubing the throttle linkage and exercising it (with the engine off) through its range of movement should improve things if it is sticking.

It sounds like the pump motor in the ABS modulator block is sticking and/or siezed. This will cause the warning light to be on regardless if it has siezed - check the earth cable on it, the ends are prone to corrosion which could cause a current draw but not enough to get it moving resulting in higher current draw (ironic since it's not getting enough to start) and no movement of the pump so the system doesn't sense it's working.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: