View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2021, 13:47   #12
Exasperant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
The idle and ABS warning light aren't connected so it seems to be a coincidence. When you first start the car, does the ABS light go off or does it remain on and does the charge warning light come on at position 2 and go out and remain out once the engine is running?
Haven't checked the small pipe as yet - Currently shopping for a PCV O ring as there wasn't one when I took it off, and I'm not convinced that's quite right..

I never got the fuel sender out fully, but it definitely went back in the same way it came out. Trouble is the car is so new to me there's been very little running to be able to pinpoint any problems starting after I'd done x or y.

Did the sensor test thing along with fault code reading last night, and the switch on the throttle body passed. However, I am wondering if it might be a bit sticky, which might perhaps explain the intermittent nature of this issue?

ABS light is staying on engine running or not. It also dims three or so times, accompanied by three clicks from the area of the ABS pump (these things are too big, I can't turn the key with my ear where I need it!).

There's definitely something amiss with either spark, fuel, air, or all three - I've read the CPS can start to fail, so next test drive I'll be trying to keep a closer eye on the rev counter. And I think the idle valve is coming off for a gum check and clean, once I've recovered from yanking the PCV.

Aside from "Why the £$&*% did I buy this stupid thing", it's quite frustrating as the engine otherwise runs fine.
Exasperant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Exasperant For This Useful Post: