View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2021, 12:52   #70
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJD1 View Post
Tell us more about the application process and training . As I just dont get whats so special .The trains are almost fully automated ?
I think you make a great argument. I think the issue is however look at it like this….

Airline pilots make little money. If you fly, as a captain, for one of the easyJet, Flybe, or other regional carriers you will have spent thousands and thousands on training and you won’t even pay high rate taxes! That shocks me! So by that definition no one can defend train wages, you are correct.

However. It’s not how I see it. Train drivers we all know have a good union. And I think the wages are fair. I think the issue now if that we have people working 40 hour jobs and not able to afford rent. Companies such as Tesco, marks and spencer and Amazon pay substantial dividends to share holders, have wealthy managers and then have the U.K. government paying benifits to their employees.

I think train wages are what someone with a few years and a decent skills set should get myself.

As a youngster now a days you need a £40,000 wage to be able to have a couple of kids and rent. And that’s not a good life either.

That said I don’t believe anyone needs to work for less than £50,000 a year anyway, but that’s just me personally.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote