View Single Post
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 08:24   #1
DJEMOz

Question XC90 Stuck in park.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and realise that this topic has been posted a few times, but after looking through many of the threads I am not sure I can find a solution, so grateful of any help/direction.

I have a 2007 XC90 3.2 Petrol Auto.

The issue I have is that my interlock solenoid is not clicking out when I put my foot on the brake.

I can hear the solenoid click in when I switch the ignition on and I can hear it click out again about 10 seconds after I turn the ignition off, but it will not do anything when I touch the brake.

My brake lights come on fine, so the brake switch is working ok.

Before it stopped working completely, a few times when I put my foot on the brake I would hear the solenoid clicking in and out multiple times rapidly, but would then work ok... now it has stopped completely with the brake.

I opened up the console and pushed the solenoid in and out, it moves freely, I watched it click out and return when the ignition was turned on and off, so looks like the solenoid works ok.

Is there anything else in this circuit other than the break pedal switch? Could it be a computer management thing? I have not been able to test for any messages, nothing comes up on the dash.

The cable from the ignition seems to move the linkages with no issue and I think the button in the gear lever seems to work fine, it feels like it is electrical to me, but unsure.

Great to get any thoughts on what this could be?

Thanks,

DJ
DJEMOz is offline   Reply With Quote