View Single Post
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 23:09   #1
atombaum

Default 1976 244-DL parts availability

I originally posted this in the general discussion area, but didn't get any replies, so trying here.

I'm looking at a 1976 244-DL, and it needs a few things, and I'm trying to gauge the difficulty in sourcing them. Please reply if you have insight on parts availability, or actually have the parts (include details, and prices!).

Needs

• Square plastic escutcheon (easily broken) that surrounds the glove box key

• Two dashboard heater/air vent controls: 1) the far right side, and 2) one of the center vents

• Fan switch (position "1" [low speed] not working) - switch or the resistor?

• Period OEM Volvo AM/FM radio (not sure if they were stereo or mono)

• I believe these all had two-tone horns. It sounds like one horn is not working. I think the frequency is stamped on the horns, so if it's supposed to have two, I can get the other frequency. Please verify if this makes sense or not. Maybe some models only had one, single-tone horn?

• Does the hazard switch have a replaceable bulb, or does the whole switch need to be replaced?

Question

• Did all 1976 244DLs with manual transmission have the push-button overdrive? Reason is I'm also looking for an instrument cluster with a working odometer and speedometer, tachometer, etc. and don't know if some manual gearbox cars did not have the cluster light for when the O.D. is enabled. If they all have that indicator, then as long as a cluster has the tachometer, I should be okay. Right? Please verify or enlighten!

Thank you.
1985 DL (manual w/ O.D. / 4-door (’85-’86)
1987 240 DL (automatic / 4-door (’90-’99)
atombaum is offline   Reply With Quote