View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 19:45   #16
Wardair

Savanaman,

I fully support your assertion that Volvo intend to do little or nothing about this problem. This is evident from their actions and response so far. Their inaction and lack of correspondence to customers on the matter is actually supporting this approach, as it is very difficult to put a case together without information.

You state there are many many many people who have/are affected by this problem, but when I first visited this forum I noticed that the posts on the problem were under many different threads. There was no one place to visit to get a summary of cases and a list of related sites such as vexedvolvo. http://home.comcast.net/~donwillson/index.html

The vexed volvo and volvoxc websites in the US, where people like Don Willson have pulled together a lot of information on the subject into one place help people understand the issue and register their problem. If I can get enough responses I will start a similar UK based website on this issue and start building an information database.

If as you state I find that I am wasting my time and will get nowhere or if forum members really don't care then I will swallow my pride and disappear from the forum.

If as I hope many people feel, that Volvo (a company that I have applauded, promoted and supported for 10 years with 3 vehicles from new), have not acted properly on this matter. Then I will put time and effort (and if necessary money) to fight for a fair treatment for UK Volvo owners.

It is not the money, it is a matter of principal. I consider this is corporate malpractice by a company that I once held in high regard and I feel that rather than walk away I should make sure it does not go unnoticed.

Wardair