View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 11:30   #154
Volvo940GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Yes, that can happen. In fact, now you have a working alternator (the 100A one) the symptoms are presenting exactly the same as another B230F powered 940GLE of a similar age that had a duff ECU - would start but wouldn't rev past 3000rpm.

Is it the same ECU??? You need to disconnect the battery -ve lead before swapping ECUs and also leave fuse #1 out. Only replace fuse #1 once the battery has been reconnected.

Pull fuse #1 - the ECU has a memory for faults, fuel trims etc and does indeed have a Limp Mode - not all faults light the Engine Management Light.

Yes, the ECU is more than capable of causing this. A faulty TPS could also cause it by telling the ECU the throttle is closed when you're trying to rev it up.

You really need to get yourself a NOID light, it's not like they're expensive and it will save a lot of time, trouble and head-scratching by simply showing if the injectors are cutting out at 3000rpm.

Do the test Ash described and let us know the outcome.

It’s an ecu for b230fb.
But the MAF, does it need to match the ecu? When changing ecu?
Or do I change it aswell
I got ECUand EZK for B230FB

Well Ash, it’s your choice to help me or not. I appreciate your help, your help aswel, Dave

The noid light. Really, I need to get one then.

But the symptoms of not reving more than 3000rpm. It happened on the 100a alternator. Didn’t happen in my 65ampere

So, what I should try next is

Record my injectors with noid light

2. Try changing ECU and EZK
3. Install my 100ampere again.

Tps can also be causing problems hm. But I did measure it. But I don’t remember my readings, gotta measure again.
Volvo940GL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Volvo940GL For This Useful Post: