View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 12:11   #15
Mkengineering
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technician View Post
Supply does indeed dictate price...in the case of this T5, who was wanting a large capacity petrol engine in that time period....very few. Most of the car buying, and more importantly fleet buyers, wanted Diesels for the MPG and the Tax rates. I bet there were even less petrol VW Passat's produced around the same time.

Personally I brought my black 2006 T5 with all the toys and 98k on the clock about 2 years ago from a car dealer who'd taken it in part ex for £2500 with no warranty or service and cambelt etc...as I could do that for less than the advertised 3k price. There was incredible interest in the car and I was one of 5 men after it within a few hours on auto trader, and I don't believe that was car dealer speak. He was genuinely surprised a saloon would generate so much interest as small SUV's AMD Hyundai i20's etc... are so popular, he even asked me if I knew of any others for sale as I was only after a black one.

For that Chevette mentioned above, there can't be too many of them left at and will be the right vehicle for those entering the classic market remembering their youth/childhood in the back so that will be part of the price.

It won't be long before its 90's cars which capture the emotion....and one day somebody will be misty eyed about a Toyota Prius and the prices will rise!!!
Indeed you're right it's mainly supply and demand.

But I am seeing alot of Volvo D5 for sale for some odd reason??
Mkengineering is offline   Reply With Quote