View Single Post
Old Sep 30th, 2021, 11:11   #70
Amoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsinky View Post
Hi all, this is my first post on this forum. I have just taken delivery of a V70 D5 2010 with 140k and following a heavy downpur the drivers footwell had an inch of water lying in it. I have contacted Auto Windscreens and they have quoted £120 to rebond the screen, but if it breaks, a new windscreen will be £500. I have also been in touch with Volvo UK and they advised me to contact my local Volvo dealer and tell them they have sent me, where they will then perform a diagnosis. To be honest, I'm tempted to just go to Auto Windscreens and get it sorted ASAP as I suspect the main dealer route may turn in to an episode. Any thoughts from you guys? I'll keep you posted of how it goes.
£500 is a shameful rip off. Have you tried your insurance policy? It often has no effect on your no claims bonus. Try a local indie windscreen guy as well. They are often AW trained but tire of the company and set up by themselves. it is not easy to get them out with breaking them. I watched my guy do it and he was so, so careful but it still went right at the end.

Also, I took mine to local main dealer who at least took the carpets and sound insulation out and dried them off for me FOC. Deffo ask for that becuase you don't want mushrooms in the footwell!

It all resolves fine in the end. Keep the faith.
Amoore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amoore For This Useful Post: