Thread: 240 General: - New 240 suspension/engine advice
View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 14:27   #10
Ollly244dl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugjam1999 View Post
Hi,

Welcome to 240 ownership and the forum, great car choice

You can lower a 240 cheaply and easily with 40mm lowering springs without running into any issues with either suspension geometry or scraping speed bumps. Depending on where you are in London a friend has almost exactly the same car as you with 40mm lowering springs fitted, which you might want to have a look at.

Engine/power wise, you’re probably best off making sure everything is working properly as a start- the cam is probably an A cam, so not much scope to improve there- a V cam has slightly more lift but not enough to make much difference. You might find a k or h cam if you’re lucky. A Weber carb kit does exist, although tuning a n/a car costs quite a lot for the power gained. Obviously I’m going to say turbo swap it…

Throw out any questions you have, there’s a lot of knowledge on this forum and someone will know the answer to anything you ask….

Cheers
Great thanks for this.

Yeah the engine in it only has 51k on it and no drivetrain noise, haven't got the car with me at uni so haven't had the chance to go over properly yet.

Turbo was the route I was looking to go down (building the motor separately on the side) . Ideally looking for 200-250bhp range with still a decent sense of reliability.

What is the best way to achieve this with still a bit of simplicity and not completely break the bank?
Ollly244dl is offline   Reply With Quote