View Single Post
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 17:11   #21
Alec Dawe
Former Support Team

Some more Orwell photos, I hope.
First time I've tried editing photos with gimp, so if they don't look right that's why.

I very nearly 'won' a dog on the way home. Going through a village near home I almost ran over a chocolate labrador running down the middle of the road, obvously lost, in a panic, looking all round him.
I managed to stop and get into a lay-by, and the lab looked round when I got out and ran to me. I Called him, and he came and sat at my feet, so I took him by the collar, and knocked on a couple of doors, but no-one knew him. I was contemplating taking him home and reporting to the police, But thought I'd try a few more doors, so I opened the back of the car to see if he'd get in to keep safe whilst I looked for his owner; he jumped straight in, and sat there looking very happy now!
Knocked on a couple more doors, and someone identified him as a dog their neighbours were looking after. Got the neighbour, who was terribly shocked the dog was out as the house doors had been closed; they were looking after the dog for a friend who was on holiday. Lab appears to be able to open a shut door by jumping at the handle and hanging on with his teeth!!!!
Anyway dog and carer reunited!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orwell Feb 01.jpg (219.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Orwell Feb 02.jpg (223.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Orwell Feb 03.jpg (172.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Orwell Feb 04.jpg (208.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Orwell Feb 05.jpg (386.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Orwell Feb 06.jpg (292.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Alec Dawe; Feb 10th, 2008 at 17:28. Reason: 'Orrible typos!
Alec Dawe is offline   Reply With Quote