Thread: Amazon: - Undersealing an amazon!
View Single Post
Old Oct 23rd, 2021, 22:17   #6
superspod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
Sounds like you are going all out and spending a lot of money

One thing that might be worth considering:-

I assume you will have some sort of guarantee for such a decent job so I'm not sure if the people doing the job will want to mix in another product before applying their choice of underseal product BUT

I have had really good experiences with a cold galvanising paint called Zinga.

[WARNING:- I've been banging on about this product on other threads!]

Zinga has a fairly rough finished surface (especially when brushed or rolled) but is very good as a sacrificial rust combatant. In my opinion it is ideal as a rust treatment product over which something with a similarly rough surface finish will be applied.

Note - not all products are able to be directly applied onto a zinc coating. In the Land Rover world there is talk about a mordant solution (not sure if the spelling for that word is correct) which etches a surface where as other "worlds" talk about etch primers. As Dinitrol is a kind of magic goo oil product I'm assuming direct application onto Zinga wouldn't be a problem but for a job where a thrid party is giving a guarantee there will undoubtedly need to be a disccussion...
I have been fortunate enough to put some money aside for this recently and as i plan to keep the amazon for a very long time i'm justifying it as spending the money now to save it on welding down the line. I'm also planning on daily driving it next summer in a seaside/rainy area, so i would appreciate not worrying about the underside!
But thank you all for the advice, definitely think i might be getting it done!
superspod is offline   Reply With Quote