View Single Post
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 19:30   #54
legoexpert

Default XC90 T8 Test Drive

Hello All

I did post this same message on another related thread brfore I found this newer one, sorry if anyone has seen it already!

I would like to buy a 2022 XC90 T8, I always loved the look of them and had my first test drive today. I was blown away by how comfortable the seats are and how great the suspension is compared to my current BMW X5.

I digress, the test drive car was a 2022 Ultimate with the Polestar upgrade. First thing I noticed was the battery was at zero miles on the clock. You would think the dealer would make sure that the battery was flippin' charged, grrrr.
Still the salesman selected 'charge' from the menu and the engine started. I selected B to max the battery charging regeneration.
Now heres the part where I was gobsmacked, I planted my boot at the roundabout having been going for about a minute, the car seemed hesitant then the engine cut in very abruptly, gave the car a violent lurch and took off. Not impressed.
Didnt seem smooth at the take off in hybrid mode either.
Gave the car back after 40 minutes, salesman too busy to catch up with me so I left.....
Really like the car, but can any of the T8 owners say that what I describe is normal- or does that car have this defect that so many of you describe already, given its not done 1000 miles yet?

I test drove a BMW 745e, that was REALLY smooth, genuinely did not know whether the engine was contributing or not, really beautifully smooth and very powerful. I would have expected the volvo XC90 T8 to have smooth power delivery like the BMW I tried?

264 GLE past
260 GLE past
245 DL past
760 GLE mk1 past
760 GLE mk2 (1988) past
960 executive 24V 1994 past
S90 executive 1998 past
current BMW X5
legoexpert is offline   Reply With Quote