View Single Post
Old Aug 2nd, 2021, 08:20   #33
Adrian B

Just done the haldex gen 5 unit service on my xc60d5. Not rocket science at all. £38 kit on eBay. My vehicle has had dealer services up to 96k. I then bought it and at 106k I decided to service the unit.
Tools needed are the kit, a flat blade screwdriver and a 10 mm socket. Just as the you tube video. Wiggle under back of car when it's lifted a little under all 4 wheels. Undo the black plastic filler plug. Disconnect the electrical connector to the pump. Remove the two 10mm headed bolts, Wobble/ pull out the pump catching the old oil. Clean out the unit. Clean the filter guaze on the pump with brake cleaner. Change the two o rings on the pump and refit pump in the unit. Tighten the two bolts back up and fill the unit with the syringe in the kit. Reconnect the pump.Replace filler plug. Drive car for ten minutes then top up the unit with the haldex oil. Not hard at all. Iam so glad I decided to do it. It had never been serviced! Black gunge in the unit and on the pump gauze. Now the running noise at the back end is a lot quieter. Every 30k I will change the oil and the two orings. £20 ish for both on eBay. Now I have the syringe and but of pipe on the syringe. If I can do it on the drive well it carn't be hard.
Adrian B is offline   Reply With Quote