View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2021, 13:40   #14
ASt85
Premier Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technician View Post

If your buying a T5 to drive around town and want the ease of the Auto then it's probably not the right car for that scenario.
Having had a higher mileage V70 Torslanda auto much of it around town; when sold with "moon&plus" mileage it had never had any autobox problem 'twas Volvo main dealer serviced for the first ten years of its life' then by me for the next eight.

My current T5 SE geartronic is quite at home in heavy traffic albeit at reduced mpg but still averages around 24mpg around town which climbs significantly when on longer runs.

The best I've ever managed from a petrol V70 was just 47mpg over a return trip of 740 miles using that 2001 V70 Torslanda auto - calculated from mileage recorded and tank refill quantities.

If you change the transmission fluid every few years or every 40K miles, you'll get moon mileage and the return journey without a problem + your knees will survive stop/start heavy traffic city & town driving.

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto

Last edited by ASt85; May 18th, 2021 at 13:59.
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote