View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2021, 09:51   #498
TomSaintJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
The new threadlock is meant to go on the bolt threads Tom, not in the bolt holes. Still an acceptable way round fitting new patch bolts though.

Those Volvo wheels look a lot better than those horrible steel things wrapped in rubber bands!
Interesting you should say that Dave as it was what I had planned to do, however the tube of threadlock said for closed-end bolt holes, to apply the threadlock in the hole.

I'm looking at tyres this morning, i'm off Friday so want to book two new ones for the new front alloys. Is there any particular Bridgestones you'd recommend Luke? D The shortlist so far is:

-Goodyear efficientgrip performance 2: B/A/68 (fuel/wet grip/noise) - current favourite, had these on several cars now and they are brilliant! Quiet comfortable and grippy. £60.50 each

-Bridgestone Ecopia EP150: A/A/69 - a little more expensive than above, but better fuel rating, important that £62.99 each

Both qualify for £10 off with a discount code on asdatyres.com, there are no Pirellis or Falkens on their wesbite interestingly.
1991 Saab 900i 2.0 16v Convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: