View Single Post
Old Mar 6th, 2024, 20:24   #161
Steve 940
Premier Member

Cheers Andrew, I don’t need telling twice to not meddle with unknown things😀😀

I didn’t really have faith in the old girl to take me and the missus and the hounds to Wells last week, so took her RAV 4

First day there, we took the hounds round Sandringham for a nice walk, lovely 2 hour stroll, get back to car park, paid the parking on the new fangled machines that give you grace period to actually leave.

Get to car, and NSF totally flat, oh FFS 😡😡

Fortunately with her RAV4 it has spare hanging on back of the rear door, so a very quick tyre change was executed. Mud and crap everywhere, luckily the car park surface was reasonably dry and stable, but was just compacted gravel, still made me sweat having it balanced on a spindly scissor jack

Tyre had massive flat spot, and would not fit back under the hard spare cover on the rear door, so wheel into car, hook the cover back on, and head for the exit.

To great relief I was able to exit car park without needing to pay further, trundling back through Brancaster near thenWhite Horse, a great big crash sounds from behind, followed by the sound of the hard spare tyre cover bouncing along Brancaster street ……. 🙄🙄

Of course the sort of chap I am, I sent t’missus to recover the debris, fortunately the massive Range Rover following didn’t run over it though😀😀😀

We’re not doing very well this year, she melted my Wentworth, and I’m being blamed for her spare cover needing attentions of bodywork chap.👍👍

Enjoy your trip😀😀

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: