View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2021, 21:00   #20
stuart bowes
trying to be helpful

just a 2 second google here shows MAF cleaner ranging from £6-15, and the electrical cleaner was £4? so yeah there's not a lot in it .. but because you use literally like 2 x 4 second blasts at most is it really even worth worrying about it, the rest of the tin will probably sit on my shelf unused for years. If I was running a garage or something I'd probably buy the right stuff I suppose

proof was in the pudding tbh, my sensor had crud on it, and the stuff i linked cleaned it off perfectly. the sensor hasn't thrown up a fault and the car idles lower, which I took to mean metering better. as for actual mpg improvement because of that one tiny job, well who knows

agreed full price 'proper' sensor is a rip off! If I didnt find the volvo one on ebay going cheap I probably would have tried a denso or NGK I suppose. saying that I replaced one on an old scooby and the dealship shafted me for £250 but the cheap ones I tried before (2 tries totalling about £100) didn't work, so swings and roundabouts I guess. sometimes you get a bargain .. sometimes you get a case of cheap-out and pay twice

-------------------------
mini project - link

Last edited by stuart bowes; May 21st, 2021 at 21:06.
stuart bowes is offline   Reply With Quote