View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 17:26   #5
Bowsk

Your post is very interesting because I have (or had) the same problem with the driver’s door. My car is an XC60 R-Design with the black trims at the top of the doors. It was registered in September 2019.

The issue has been intermittent and only noticeable in dry weather as rain lubricates the trims. There has never been a problem when first opening the driver’s door to get in, just when opening to get out – even after moving a short distance, there would be a resistance and graunching noise as the door moved - just as you describe. Interestingly, when then closing and reopening the door to check out the problem there was never a repeat of the graunching nor sign of the trims touching. However, there was clear evidence of the top of door trims rubbing with black paint worn away.

My car went into my dealer last week for service and they declared the problem fixed. Inspecting, the trims haven’t been replaced and I suspect a bit of force has been used to widen the gap or maybe just a smear of grease on the trims judging by the residue.

It is too early for me to celebrate but I will certainly be checking how things progress.
Bowsk is offline   Reply With Quote