View Single Post
Old Jan 13th, 2022, 16:18   #36
Squire

Smile At last, success

As the title says I've had success with the drls. Having had plenty of suggestions which I've been grateful of I would like to thank Rocinante and muffking for putting me on the right track.
Yesterday, 12th Jan, I had chance to pull back the offside wheel arch splash guard, and sure enough the big multi plug was disconnected. By the look of it it had been disconnected for some time, not having any electrical contract cleaner I squirted WD40 on it and plugged it together several times but no joy so had to leave it for another day.
Today, 13th Jan, I had more time, so set about bumper removal and wire tracing, checking the drls showed they were OK, so I tried a real good clean up of the multi plug. I spent nearly an hour trying to clean the pins with WD40 and repeated plugging and unplugging finally payed dividends with plenty of vaseline on the plug the lights finally worked. Someone in the past must have unplugged it as there's no way it could have just separated!
I will say I did not realise how brutal you have to be getting the bumper prised away and it was not easy getting it back either, but have at least learnt something lol 😉.
Once again thanks to all and especially the two forum members I mentioned earlier.
It's a pity there's not a "how to" section on here but I guess there's too many variants for it to be possible.

Martyn
Squire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Squire For This Useful Post: