View Single Post
Old Jan 10th, 2022, 14:49   #35
Squire

Wink Trying to find the answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck1ng View Post
Out of curiosity, what are you going to do with the two holes left after the lamps have been removed?
The intention is to find out why they are not working, have the lights have just packed up or is there no power getting to them? I don't know the answer which is why I'm asking for help and advice, I'm grateful to all that have given advice but it seems there is no easy/simple answer.
If it's possible to get the lights out relatively easily I would like to connect 12v to them to see if they light and also check that there is power going to wherever they plug in.
It's been asked if the orange marker eyebrows light up, I have confirmed that they do. I'm not good with modern wiring but if they are connected in series why does the reverse not happen? ie: drl led fails why does the eyebrow still light up.

I'm struggling to believe that I'm the only person that has had this problem tbh, I'm willing to get replacement lights, pattern parts are available but would prefer to stay with oem.
At the end of the day I would like to get the car back to how it should be rather than risk a MOT failure because two drls are out even though I'm not a fan of drls. What ever the reason is will probably help someone else out.

Thanks again to all that offered advice etc and if there anymore ideas I'd be grateful, I really don't want to pay out for new lights until I've found out they're needed hence I need to know how best to get them out.

Many thanks to all

Martyn

Last edited by Squire; Jan 10th, 2022 at 14:54. Reason: Addition
Squire is offline   Reply With Quote