View Single Post
Old Jan 10th, 2022, 08:25   #33
Squire

Wink

Hi Mike,
Many thanks for your post. I had the headlights out yesterday and from what I could see drls are, I think are fixed in as you suggest, on a peg, like the headlights and a torx screw at the bottom. Access to the "screw" looks very limited, it may be that the bottom of the bumper has to be released and pulled forward but tbh I didn't have enough time to have a good look. The wiring would have to traced as it's held in place by a fixed tie wrap, which would have to be carefully cut, it then seems to disappear off to the outside somewhere out of sight, may have to pull back the lower section of the splash guard to see.

It's been suggested that there is a multi plug behind the guard that can get dirty to check but in one of your pics it looks like it has its own plug for power and earth. I have not looked in the fuse box for fuse 28, but will do first as that's easy lol. However it's been suggested that a blown/missing fuse would put other lights out too! But maybe not🤔!? Update no fuse 28, made no difference with fuse in

I got this Volvo in the hope that, apart from routine servicing, I could just drive it lol, as I have enough to do maintaining 2 Morris Minors and MGB GT, the Rover was also demanding more attention so I decided to move it on. I like the V60 very much but not some of the stupid electrical gimmicks eg low battery light coming on and shutting the radio down, the battery is fine 12.5 v after standing overnight, charging fine, bm hack of running engine and disconnecting the plug off the battery for 10-15 seconds did not work.
It's a whole new learning curve and I don't like steep hills lol, but I don't have much choice with out being £££s out of pocket and my pension doesn't like it nor my wife

Martyn

Last edited by Squire; Jan 10th, 2022 at 10:35.
Squire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Squire For This Useful Post: