View Single Post
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 15:34   #6
BigGreenThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu B View Post
I agree with previous replies, sounds like an air leak.

The hose clip you highlight with a stick in the last photo - did you manage to tighten that one ok? If it wasn’t secure, and still isn’t I’d say that’s your prime suspect. Is the photo showing where that hose meets the turbo? I can’t make it out but see some heat shield so assume back of the engine near bulkhead?

Failing that, intercooler hoses as per other posters replies. I wouldn’t worry about the amount of oil and grime shown in the pics by the way.

As a learner and listener, who’s new to diesel (with turbo) motors, I’m so indebted and appreciative of both your response and others who have helped. Massively appreciated! I did manage to tighten the o-ring slightly, but when I drove it afterwards, there was no change to the whistling sound (but it’s definitely the location where the sound is coming from( from what I can tell). As for the other tubing (first 3 photos) it does seem to go into (or at least towards) the turbo via what looks like the egr/throttle body location. I didn’t have an alternative clip with which to try either. Many thanks again!