View Single Post
Old Jun 6th, 2021, 22:49   #8
rabbitrr

Went and had a look at it Saturday with Daughter.

'Bits' the seller, good lad found to be genuine and very helpful.

We took the car for test run, initially drove okay and accelerated as expected, but when warmed up there is a definiant hesitation there.

I would possibly agree with the particulate filter, although no codes were thrown up and I didn't take the opportunity to plug the VIDA in that I had brought with me. Apologies for that one 'Bits' my error.

With the exception of the rear set of seats they are all there and in good order, as is the bodywork, even considering the age of the vehicle.

Yes, it needs work to bring back to full order, IMHO very do-able if you know your way round a Volvo of this period (either the XC90 or XC70) and can work a box of spanners and sockets! Parts are available if you know where to look.

Sadly, for me it just wasn't what I was looking for at the time as I'm going to be busy at work all summer and just wont have the time for another 'project car' until late autumn at best. Someone is going to be getting what could become a good workhorse, with reasonably little effort.

Good luck with the sale...
240 GLE 2.3 Estate, 740 GLE 2.3 Estate, 440 Turbo, 760 GLE 2.8 (V6) Estate
rabbitrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rabbitrr For This Useful Post: