View Single Post
Old Dec 31st, 2023, 11:38   #6
DaveWalters

I have a similar issue with my new Volvo V90 Ultimate recharge - battery % drops reasonably quickly. I'd set it to charge overnight yesterday but awoke to 0% battery today. I took the car for a spin to charge it from the engine as nothing was working plugging into my pod point or using the supplied 13A cable - and this seemed to trigger the car to charge when I plugged it in when I got home having put around 20% of range into to battery whilst doing 19mpg..... Having plugged it in for a bit, I stopped the car charging on my peak rate electricity and then, a few minutes later, tried to restart the charging from the app. Nothing. I went out to the car, unlocked and then locked the car - and it's charging again. This is a bit frustrating in a £70k car. So I have a few issues to resolve; 1) why is the hybrid battery depleting (it's not just the range which I know drops with temperature - it's also a fairly quick drain on the battery charge % if I just leave it locked and standing on the drive), 2) why doesn't the car charge at all if the battery is 0% and maybe a third query if I can't get the scheduled charge to work. I previously had an XC90 recharge which - one failed on-board charger unit apart - worked reasonably reliably when plugged in!
DaveWalters is offline   Reply With Quote