View Single Post
Old Jul 14th, 2023, 14:00   #25
Petey80
Premier Member

Default First Interior Clean

During the Amazon Prime event thing where they have savings on many items, I purchased a new hoover mainly for car cleaning.

a Draper Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner

Not bad for the measly sum of £30.

Got it all put together and started on the cars interior

Drivers side footwell was pretty dirty as I'm in and out of it a lot.

The waterfall was a little dusty

The centre console cup holder area had some dried on krud in it

Rear Passenger side wasn't too bad

Not had many passengers in the car to date.

I like how the seats fold down, the rear headrest just automatically collapses when you lift the release tab

Not sure what those latch bars are for though on the back of the seats?

Front passenger side, again, not overly dirty

Process;

Hoovered all over
Used a generic APC for the plastics along with a couple of brushes to remove some stubborn stains and I was left with this

A nice interior to clean, but being all black every little spec of dust and crap is visible, so hoovering and cleaning I feel, takes a little longer than usual.

Once I was finished, I gave the interior mats, carpets and the cloth parts of the seats a little spritz of this

It's the same fragrance as the vent things that I use. Really nice.

Found some hidden filth whilst I cleaned, mainly in the rear cupholder and between the rear bench and back bench when you fold them forward.
Got all the stuff out from in between the seats, but didn't attach the cup holders. Will do those next chance I get as it looked like dried chocolate in there.

There was also a few marks on the rear carpets under the mats, tell tale signs of children being in the back. Those came out fairly easily though, so not an issue.

Thread V40 T2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...56#post2901756
Thread V50 D2 R-Design - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=264890 - CRASHED
Petey80 is offline   Reply With Quote