View Single Post
Old Jul 9th, 2019, 16:57   #19
weemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforced View Post
No messengers shot in this instance as in fact I added a Thanks to you for your initial post. What I was trying (but failed miserably it seems) was discourage the use of the word Recall unless an official recall had been issued as its use and misuse tends to confuse people. Us motorists tend to use the word willy nilly for any and all items that require a visit to the Dealer for a mod instigated by the manufacturer.

The fact is that manufacturers dislike the word and will use every other word in the dictionary before the aforesaid word stems from the fact that a recall, once officially registered with DVSA and published becomes very public and is seen, rightly or wrongly, by manufacturers as a black mark against them. They much prefer to handle these items by way of an Advisory (use any word you like except recall) as their name doesn't get splattered all over the internet and motoring publications and they are thus spared a place on the naughty step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief inspector View Post
My VIN on 2018 V90 D4 not affected, so either a D5 or XC90 specific issue?
not sure they actually know exactly which vehicles are affected tbh - when I spoke to Volvo last week they said they were still trying to work out what the issue was and what it was caused by. Until they do...