View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 21:29   #9
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volbo View Post
How concerned would you be about having this flagged on a MOT? I’m trying to gauge whether this is a minute amount of distortion that’s not going to noticeable in any practical way, or a seriously weakened wheel that’s going to detrimentally affect how the car drives.

Has anyone had this advisory and had to replace a wheel/ignored it for years without any issues?

Thanks.
I've never comes across an advisory like that before on any car I've owned. A quick search through Google seems to suggest that this is mentioned when the alloy is cracked, buckled/has flat spots.

Is there any chance you could take the car back to the place that MOT'd it, assuming its been done recently & maybe the tester could explain it in more detail?

I wouldn't ignore it. Its something that needs to be looked at... you probably need a new alloy, or buy a second hand one as a replacement (in good condition).

I suspect the alloy is causing a lot of the vibration, but mismatched/ancient tyres won't help that either. Make sure you get the tyres balanced too.

Last edited by Kev0607; Apr 6th, 2021 at 21:40.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote